On Saturday April 1st, 2017, the Friedman School of Nutrition and Policy, partnered with Foodtank, will be hosting the first ever Food Tank Summit Boston. And they are looking for volunteers!
Foodtank is a nonprofit and think tank focused on building an environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable global food system that promotes healthy communities.
The summit will be held at the Friedman School and run from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The event will bring together more than thirty-five leaders with diverse areas of expertise in the food, nutrition, and agriculture fields, to speak on a variety of topics revolving around the theme of the event, Investing in Discovery.
Tickets to the summit are $399 ($99 for Friedman alumni) and will likely sell out, so volunteering is an excellent opportunity to participate in this impactful event for free. Volunteers might assist in the following ways:
- Registration & Ushering
- Food & Hospitality
- Social Media & Photography
- Speaker Interviews
- Show Production
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in and passion for food and agriculture issues
- Excellent communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Social media, photography, film, or performance skills are a plus
- Conference, event, marketing, and customer service skills are a plus
- Restaurant or food handling skills are a plus
- Skills in stage management or TV production are a plus
To apply to be a volunteer at the Summit, you can send a resume and your availability on April 1st to Vanesa Botero-Lowry (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Boston Summit Volunteer” in the subject line.
For more information on the summit, including a list of confirmed speakers, you can visit the eventbrite page here. The Friedman school’s page also has information on the event. For more information on Foodtank visit their website.